Learn how Mapistry's inspection forms can be customized to maximize health and safety within your facility.
How To Simplify Site Map Creation For Hazardous Materials Business Plans
Submitting your facility map incomplete? Mapistry can do it simpler in 1,2,3!
Alright, maybe this is photoshopped, but let me show you how easy it really is to create a compliant HMBP map in our software.
1. Outline Property and Nearby Features
2. Categorize Facility Features
3. Map Symbol Transformation
4. Change Opacity
5. Print Ready
Outline Property and Nearby FeaturesThe first thing you need to do is draw your building outline, facilities, and areas within the property. For this example, we are drawing an outline for “Bay Service”.
Categorize Facility Features
Using our Draw polygon tool, you will then be prompted to place this feature in a Layer as seen below.
Map Symbol TransformationOnce you have your property outlined, you can use our Draw Marker tool, to add:
- fire hydrants/sprinklers
- sumps, storm, and sewer drains
- hazardous material and hazardous waste storage/handling areas
- above ground and/or underground storage tanks (w/content) and monitoring equipment (sensors, probes, monitors, leak detectors, sumps, dispenser, etc.)
- fuel/hazardous material piping systems and secondary containment areas
- location of emergency shut-off switches (natural gas, water, electrical, fuel)
- location of emergency equipment (fire extinguishers, monitoring alarm boxes, first aid/protective equipment, mitigation/clean-up equipment)
- primary and alternate evacuation routes, emergency exits, and primary/alternate staging areas