Want to build the future of environmental compliance for industrial facilities? Love building enterprise SaaS products to automate business processes still done with paper, email, and Excel? Mapistry is looking for someone excited about building products for traditional industries to own Mapistry’s product strategy and management. We’re looking for someone who is eager to roll up their sleeves to dive into the details and someone who has the drive and experience to grow the product team as Mapistry grows. You’ll work closely with our CEO/Co-Founder (Allie), COO/Co-Founder (Ryan), CMO (Lauren), Head of Customer Success (Maya), CTO (Tom), and Product Manager (Amber) to determine Mapistry’s product strategy and vision, identify new opportunities, shepherd our roadmap, coordinate releases, and evaluate the value our product is providing to customers.
Customers include Tesla, Georgia-Pacific, Procter & Gamble, Republic Services, Toyota, Vulcan Materials, Lehigh Hanson, US Concrete, Recology, Oldcastle Infrastructure, Global Medical Response, MV Transportation, Maersk, and AC Transit
Backed by SaaStr Fund (Jason Lemkin)
What You Will Do
- Own the product strategy, vision, and roadmap. Make decisions about trade-offs between long-term goals, customer needs, and internal requests.
- Spend a lot of time with customers: attend sales meetings, customer success meetings, and run your own conversations with customers to get a deep understanding of our customers’ challenges and how we might address them.
- Have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and stay up to date as it changes.
- Evaluate and refine our pricing strategy, especially when new features are introduced.
- Coordinate with sales, marketing & customer success to launch new features
- Establish KPIs and evaluate launched features to determine the value being delivered to customers and identify ways in which to maximize revenue.
- Work closely with the design team to identify creative solutions to customers’ problems and evaluate designs to ensure that they match common design patterns and optimize for UX.
What You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Experience managing a product team – hiring, firing, and coaching
- B2B enterprise software startup experience (ideally under 50 employees)
- Creativity, an eye for design, and the ability to identify innovative solutions to the challenges identified by our customers
- Grit, tenacity, and strong work ethic
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and the ability to learn quickly — we sell a technical product, we are a technical team, and we work with technical buyers
- A penchant for data — you don’t make assumptions about what customers want or what they like, you rely on data to inform your decisions.
- Excellent communication skills — you can clearly communicate customer needs to the rest of the team
What Should Excite You
- The opportunity to get in early with a small team that you will grow
- Solving compliance and business challenges for industrial facilities
- Working with a world-class leadership team that loves to collaborate, are each ruthlessly focused on high-level execution in their teams, and all do the work from the trenches to strategic planning
- Existing F500 logos and lots of happy, referenceable customers
- 120+ Net Revenue Retention
- A diverse team, including 71% women in leadership and 60% women overall
- Opportunity to work with manufacturing companies to reduce pollution
What You Will Get
- A fast-paced and extremely collaborative environment where you can protect the environment and industrial jobs (e.g. transportation, manufacturing, and heavy industry)
- Close connections with industrial companies (some of the world’s biggest brands/companies) and behind the scenes of their business operations, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Ownership of processes and work execution
- Role in company leadership and strategic direction
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Multiple medical and dental options (some 99% paid for by Mapistry)
- Unlimited PTO (typically 3-4 weeks)
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from anywhere in the Western Hemisphere
- Support in setting up a home office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send email@example.com an email with your LinkedIn profile or resume and why you would want to join Mapistry and what excites you about the opportunity.