Do you want to lead and grow the engineering team at a fast growing startup whose product helps industrial companies to reduce pollution? Do you love creating enterprise SaaS products to automate business processes still done with paper, email, and Excel? Mapistry is looking for an engineering leader excited about building products for traditional industries to own Mapistry’s engineering efforts and continue to build Mapistry’s engineering team. We’re looking for a leader eager to roll up their sleeves to dive into the details with the drive and experience to expand the engineering team as Mapistry grows. You’ll work most closely with our CEO/Co-Founder (Allie), a UC Berkeley CS alum who wrote much of our early code, and our VP of Product (Cassie), whose deep experience in compliance products give her the eye for detail necessary to execute Mapistry’s vision. At Mapistry, you’ll execute our product strategy and vision, architect scalable solutions for our quickly growing customer base, and cultivate a collaborative & results-driven engineering culture.
Customers include Georgia-Pacific, Procter & Gamble, Republic Services, Toyota, Vulcan Materials, Lehigh Hanson, US Concrete, Oldcastle Infrastructure, Global Medical Response, MV Transportation, Maersk, and AC Transit.
Backed by SaaStr Fund (Jason Lemkin) & Array Ventures.
What You’ll Do
- Support and mentor. Continue to encourage and cultivate a collaborative environment where big ideas can come from anyone on the team. Create opportunities for folks to stretch beyond their past experience and learn new skills. Collect and disseminate feedback and promote practices and patterns that improve our ability to deliver value. Advocate for Mapistry’s core values: one team, grit, diversity, geeky & environmental impact.
- Lead. Set and measure goals and hold the engineering team accountable for those goals. Fast-track development by lending your eyes to critical projects and issues. Help systematically balance competing priorities and support communication between developers and product/operations teams.
- Recruit. Identify and hire talented engineers that will thrive in Mapistry’s culture. Be a charismatic spokesperson to help us recruit the best talent out there.
- Ideate. Collaborate closely with the product team to find solutions to our customers’ problems that balance engineering priorities (such as reusable code, fast execution, etc.) with our customers’ needs.
What You’ll Need
- Empathy for both our customers, the engineering team, and the wider Mapistry team
- Excellent communication skills — we are a collaborative team that values clear, concise communication
- Experience managing and leading the growth of a startup engineering team
- B2B enterprise software startup experience (ideally under 100 employees)
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you are a self-starter who loves to take ownership, identify unseen obstacles, and solve big problems
- Grit, tenacity, and strong work ethic
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and the ability to learn quickly
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
What Should Excite You
- A diverse team, including 66% women on the exec team, 54% women overall, and 50% women in product/engineering, 35% POC overall, 20% LGBTQ overall
- The chance to lead a group of incredibly talented & experienced engineers and immediately expand the existing team
- Collaborating with a world-class leadership team that push their teams for high-level execution
- Working with a leadership team who loves to do the work in the trenches and work together on strategic planning
- Solving compliance and business challenges for industrial facilities to help them reduce pollution
- Existing Fortune 500 logos and lots of happy, referenceable customers
What You Will Get
- A fast-paced and highly collaborative environment where you can protect the environment and industrial jobs (e.g., transportation, manufacturing, and heavy industry)
- Ownership of processes and work execution
- Role in company leadership and strategic direction
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Multiple medical and dental options (some 99% paid for by Mapistry)
- Unlimited PTO (typically 3-4 weeks)
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from anywhere in North or South America
- Support in setting up a home office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with your LinkedIn profile or resume, why you want to join Mapistry, and what excites you about the opportunity.