Essential businesses have been operating through the COVID-19 Pandemic and there is more guidance now from OSHA and CDC that workplaces need to account for when operating. However, writing succinct plans and ensuring clear communication of engineering controls, work practices, and administrative controls can be a challenge for businesses. In some states, such as California, a site-specific plan is a requirement for reopening (see California Resilience Roadmap). For example, Tesla released their “Return to Work Playbook”, which covers many of the key parts cited by California for a site-specific protection plan.
“Before reopening, all facilities must:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them
- Implement individual control measures and screenings
- Implement disinfecting protocols
- Implement physical distancing guidelines”
As noted in the OSHA enforcement guidance on COVID-19, companies must make a “Good Faith Effort” to protect workers. One of their review items includes “Determine whether the employer has a written pandemic plan as recommended by the CDC”. As a provider of resilient environmental and safety software systems we wanted to help our businesses get back to work quickly. However in these economic conditions, additional costs can be hard to get authorized. Therefore, we are releasing our entire COVID-19 Response Kit at no cost to businesses.
What the Response Kit Includes
Mapistry’s kit includes our new, easy-to-use COVID-19 Facility Response Plan Builder, COVID-19 Compliance Assurance Inspection Forms, and state of the art mapping and collaboration platform to businesses. In addition our core resilience platform, including notifications, easy-to-use mapping, and centralized record keeping is included.
- Basic Mapistry Tools
- Maps – communicating locations of signs, physical barriers, disinfection kits, traffic flow
- Tasks – tracking control measures, restocking of supplies, etc
- Unlimited users – increase communication and collaboration
- Recordkeeping – keep signs, plans, and policies in one place
- Notifications – upcoming inspections and corrective actions
- Corrective action and inspection analytics platform – analyze and find gaps in your program
- Inspection form (GFI) – for compliance assurance with your COVID plan (and CDC/OSHA guidance and local health ordinances)
- COVID-19 Response Plan builder – easily build out a plan based on CDC and OSHA guidance with the ability to customize for site-specific needs and company policies
What Can I Do With the Tools?
Quickly Create Standardized, Site-Specific Response Plans
In Mapistry’s COVID-19 Facility Response Plan Builder, you can identify key team members for COVID-19, describe your risk classification for the site, and incorporate OSHA and CDC guidance industry specific measures, such as for the solid waste industry or retailers. States, such as California, have also released industry specific guidance that can be incorporated. In the record keeping section, signs such as Masks Required or Hand Washing Required (CDC), can be kept to ensure easy access for all your locations.
Ensure Compliance with Digital Inspections
In addition to creating a site-specific plan, ensuring compliance with local, state and national guidelines and orders can be done via the digital inspection forms. Gaps that are identified are automatically sent to the team for quick fixes. Mapistry’s organizational analytics platform enables EHS, Safety, and Operations leaders to look at leading indicators for worker safety.
Create Maps to Communicate Clearly
Maps created in the mapping platform visually communicate to staff and inspectors the locations of key COVID-19 measures, such as signage and disinfection kits. This keeps everyone on the same page, even if some of the staff are working remotely or from home. Never has there been a greater need for visual communication of facility specific resources and control measures.
Additional Mapistry Resources on COVID-19 Response
- MThe Legal Perspective on Maximizing Workplace Health and Safety Using the Latest OSHA, CDC Protocols for COVID-19 Response (blog and webinar recording)
- The Legal Perspective on Environmental Compliance Obligations Under COVID-19 (blog and webinar recording)
- How Industrial Environmental Leaders Are Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic (blog and webinar recording)
- Customizing Mapistry Forms to Help Maximize Health & Safety (blog)
- Tips for Leveraging Mapistry for Compliance Assurance During COVID-19 (blog)
- How to Handle Inspection Exceptions During Shelter-In-Place, COVID-19 and Facility Shutdowns (blog)
- Best Practices for Inspecting Facilities for COVID-19 (blog)
- COVID-19 Impacts on Environmental Compliance Requirements (blog)
Where Can I Learn More?
Need access today? Businesses can request free access to Mapistry’s COVID-19 Response Kit here.